Pump & Dredging Brochures (PDF)
How do I download a PDF?
1. Click and open the PDF in your browser. View or click download arrow in the upper right.
2. Right-Click and hit “Save Link As” to download the PDF to your computer.
Reports & Guides (PDF)
Pump & Dredge Resources (PDF)
What is a hydraulic cable-deployed pump?
A hydraulic cable-deployed pump is a pump system that employs hydraulic power to operate a submersible pump. It involves a pump connected to a hydraulic power unit via a cable, with the pump submerged in the fluid source.
The hydraulic power unit generates pressure transmitted through the cable to power the pump's motor and create fluid flow.
This setup allows for remote operation and is suitable for applications with restricted access. It finds use in industries such as agriculture, mining, oil and gas, water supply, and wastewater management, where conventional electric-powered pumps are impractical or unsafe.
What is an electric cable-deployed pump with water jetting and side agitators?
An electric cable-deployed pump refers to a pump system that utilizes electrical power to deploy and operate the pump. It consists of a submersible pump connected to an electrical power source by a cable.
The pump is submerged in the fluid source, while the power source remains above ground. The electrical power is transmitted through the cable to the pump, powering its motor and driving the fluid flow.
This type of pump allows for remote operation and is commonly used in various industries, including water supply, wastewater management, and irrigation systems, where direct access to the fluid source may be challenging.
Difference Between Hydraulic Cable Deployed and Electric Cable Deployed Submersible Pumps:
The main difference between hydraulic cable-deployed pumps and electric cable deployed pumps lies in the source of power used to drive the pump. Here are the key distinctions between the two:
Power Source: Hydraulic cable deployed pumps are powered by a hydraulic system, which utilizes pressurized fluid to generate mechanical power. On the other hand, electric cable deployed pumps are powered by an electric motor, which converts electrical energy into mechanical power.
Power Transmission: Hydraulic pumps use hydraulic fluid to transmit power from the power unit to the pump. This requires hydraulic hoses or piping to transport the fluid. Electric pumps, on the other hand, transmit power directly from the electric motor to the pump via electrical wiring.
Control and Operation: Hydraulic cable deployed pumps typically have more sophisticated control systems, including valves and hydraulic controls, to regulate the flow rate, pressure, and other parameters. Electric cable deployed pumps, on the other hand, may have simpler control systems, often incorporating electrical controls and switches.
Efficiency: Hydraulic systems are known for their high power density, which allows for efficient power transmission and high-pressure capabilities. They are well-suited for applications that require high power and high pressure. Electric pumps, while still efficient, may have slightly lower power density compared to hydraulic systems.
Maintenance and Service: Hydraulic systems require regular maintenance of hydraulic fluid, filters, and hydraulic components. Electric systems generally require less maintenance, with a focus on electrical connections, motor maintenance, and monitoring.
Self-Priming Excavator Pump Attachment
How To Operate Dredge Equipment
- Excavator Dredge Pump Attachment Operation – Call support if you have questions- READ Before Operation.
Articles (Media Links)
- Times of San Diego – November 2019 – PitchFest Winner Eddy Pump, 35k
- San Diego Business.org – November 2019 – Metro Connect 2019 Grand Prize Winner of $35,000 Eddy Pump
- IDR International Dredging Review – May 2019 – Corps Test Mini-Robotic Submersible Dredge for Future Military Operations
- San Diego Union-Tribune – September 2018 20 San Diego companies to receive aid for global expansion
- Dredging Today – June 2018 Eddy SMART Pump Introduced to Dredge Equipment
- San Diego Business Journal – May 2018 – 100 Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego
- Inc. Magazine – May 2018 – 5 Ways to Leverage Community Outreach as a Viable Marketing Strategy Read More
- SD Voyager – February 2018 – Meet Rebecca Weinrib of EDDY Pump Corporation in Blossom Valley, San Diego Read More
- University Of Rhode Island – March 2017 – URI Ocean Engineering Graduate Phillip R. is a semifinalist in XPRIZE Read More
- San Diego Union-Tribune – February 2017 – EDDY Pump Engineer Phillip Rhyner is a XPRIZE finalist. Read More
- Providence Journal – January 2017 – EDDY Pump partner Patriot Marine. “Two projects in R.I to raise salt marshes” READ More
- Pumps & Systems Magazine – June 2016 – “Discovery Channels Bering Sea Gold Highlights Pump Technology” READ More
- IDR International Dredging Review – December 2015 – “Mining Gold, Dredge Becomes Discovery Channel Star” READ More
- Sea Technology Magazine – September 2015 – “Remote-Operated Submersible Gold Dredge READ PDF
- CBS News 8, San Diego – August 2015 – Mining by remote. Video and write up. SEE More
- Pumps & Systems Magazine – December 2011 – Pumping With The U.S. Navy
- Water & Wastes Digest (W&WD) – July 2009 – “Pumps Provide Power for the Navy” READ More
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics Magazine – January 2009 – “Clean Design For Some Dirty Work” READ More