The Dredge Sled is highly engineered for submersible dredging with the ability gently slide along the bottom to pump highly viscous or abrasive material, sludge, muck, paste, high solids, and other harsh pumping applications.
The Dredge Sled is highly engineered for submersible dredging with the ability to pump highly viscous or abrasive material, sludge, muck, paste, high solids and other harsh pumping applications.
EDDY Pump partnered with UAT Pacific and is now able to offer a complete dredging solution for effective slurry, sludge, and solids removal, the Dredge Sled. With the latest technology, the Dredge Sled is a cost-effective solution for your pond, lagoon, canal, tailings pond, and settling tank cleaning.
How the Dredge Sled Works
The Dredge Sled is powered by the EDDY Pump which is a heavy-duty industrial non-clog slurry pump designed for industrial pumping and dredging applications.
Depending on your project, The EDDY Dredge Sleds are sized to meet our clients’ requirements. Powered by the high-performance and low maintenance EDDY Pump, our dredging equipment usually achieves 30-70% solids, handles high viscosity, high abrasion, and low pH materials without wearing down the pump or constant need for maintenance.
Main Applications: Dredging Containment Ponds, Settling & Digester Tank Cleaning, Heavy Metal Recovery, Fly Ash, Mine Tailings Transfer
The Dredge Sled has been deployed across remote mining sites in Australia for over 15 years. This rugged yet simple design uses commonly accessible parts to ensure maximum uptime and easy repairs. The main components include diesel-electric power station, floating barge attached to shore by a cable and winch system. The EDDY Pump is lowered into the lagoon and stabilized with a sled to begin dredging. Optional water jetting rings are available for maximum agitation when desired.
The Dredge Sled is a simple, efficient and easy to use alternative to more complicated heavy duty dredging equipment
Slurry Pits for Mining and Mineral Recovery.
Biological Sludge and Organics.
The Dredge Sled excels at removing sediment from bodies of water, lakes or holding ponds. A single Dredge Sled is typically deployed to bodies of water up to 20,000 square meters. In addition, the EDDY Dredge Sleds are engineered and sized to meet the clients’ requirements. Contact us to help with your project.
The equipment is ideal for lagoon sizes of 330 ft (100m) squared to 660 ft (200m) squared. Roughly 1.5 to 4 acres and upto about 16 feet (5m) deep. 5,000 to 20,000 Cy3 of material. Dimensions are rough guidance, call with questions.
Shore Based Anchor System
- Dredge a section, unpin and roll anchors to new location.
- Easily drive pins into ground, simple and fast.
Easily Transported – Single Container
- Able to fit all components within a small storage container for easy job access and relocation.
- 1-2 Men needed to setup and deploy in four hours.
Dredge Sled Specs
Dredge Sled Advantages
- Electric powered pump – Never worry about oil, fuel, or hydraulic fluid spills
- Hydraulic powered pump options also available
- Low turbidity – low suspension of solids, reduce ecologocial damage
- Rugged, simple design – ensures maximum uptime and easy maintenance
- Quiet – Quiet operation to reduce noise pollution
- Easily transported – Unit fits in a 20ft closed container
- Rental Available – Ability to rent for smaller or one-off projects
- User friendly – able to be operated by person who rents equipment, 1 manned operator
- No Downtime – Ponds can remain operational while unit is deployed
- Liner-safe – Submersible gliding dredge which lacks a cutterhead greatly helps to protect poly/clay liners from damage
- Automation – Unit can be operated autonomously using a rail system
Material List Provided
- Suction head with winch
- Electrical control panel, 415 V
- Main Pump Power cable, 311 feet (95 meters)
- Handheld remote depth control
- Battery 12V HD, solar power charging system
- Discharge hose – 4” Flexible Rubber with couplings in standard 33 foot lengths, 525 feet (160 meters)
- Cable and hose floats
- Ropes, pulleys and anchoring system
- Continuous loop rope system
- Line pull winch, 415 V
- Can be completely automated with installation of guide rails
- Floats – HDPE filled with urethane foam filled with polyethylene and UV protected
- Frame Structure – Process ponds, tailings storage, heavy metal recover – Gavanised Steel or Stainless Steel (optional)
- Dredging – Lakes, canals, lagoons, ponds, rivers, waterways
- Mining – Process ponds, tailings storage, heavy metal recover
- Wastewater – Sedimentation ponds, settling tanks, digester tanks
- Energy – Power Stations, Oil Refineries
- Industrial & Manufacturing – Chemical storage ponds
- Agriculture – Lagoons, ponds, dams, canals, desilting
Pump Power Requirements
- 415V, 3 phase, 50Hz
- Cable – Direct on line SUBCAB, 95 meters
Pond Size (Ideal Sizes)
- All shapes and sizes can be accommodated. The following are typical pond sizes for the 4 inch and 6 inch EDDY Pump Dredge Sled. Call with questions.
- Up to 16-18 Feet deep (5M)
- Ideal for for 5,000 Cy3 to 20,000 Cy3 sized ponds
- Between 330 ft (100m) squared to 660 ft (200m) squared
- Lagoons Roughly 1.5 to 4 acres in size
- For deeper or larger volume projects see Autonomous Dredge
Why EDDY Solids Handling Pumps are Better
Contact Sales or Engineering
Sales and Selection Help
Let our sales or engineering support help in your pump selection.
Call (619) 258-7020