Maintenance dredging is the process of excavating and removing material from the bottom of an ocean, river, pond, or other large bodies of water. Dredging is mainly used for marine construction projects, mining, sediment removal, environmental remediation, canal deepening, harbor maintenance, and many more.
Some typical chemical processing applications for slurry pumps include:
Transferring abrasive and corrosive chemicals: Slurry pumps are used to transfer abrasive and corrosive chemicals such as acids, alkalis, and slurries, which can cause damage to other types of pumps.
- Mixing and blending: Slurry pumps mix and incorporate chemical compounds, ensuring a consistent and homogenous mixture.
- Filtration: Slurry pumps transfer liquids through filters to remove impurities and ensure the final product meets quality standards.
- Solids handling: Slurry pumps transfer and handle solid materials such as powders and granules in chemical processing applications.
- Evacuation of settled solids: Slurry pumps transfer the settled solids from the bottom of the tanks, clarifiers, or thickeners.
- Dosing and metering: Slurry pumps transfer and measure specific chemicals in the production process.
- Leaching and extraction: Slurry pumps transfer the slurry of reagents and ore in the leaching and extraction of certain chemicals.
- Waste management: Slurry pumps transfer waste chemicals and sludge to treatment or disposal areas.
Overall, Slurry pumps are versatile and durable enough to handle the harsh conditions of chemical processing. They can transfer a wide range of fluids, including abrasive, viscous, and corrosive materials, making them essential equipment in the chemical processing industry.
What is Maintenance Dredging?
Similar to other industrial processes, regular maintenance is required to keep the dredging system functional and free of any issues. Overtime sediment such as sand, clay, silt and other soil particles collects and gathers at the bottom of a body of water. Maintenance dredging is used to remove the collected sediment to restore original depth and water volume.
Dredging Highlight Video
Why Maintenance Dredging?
When maintenance dredging is not routinely done, there are several issues that can arise such as:
- The dredge pumps routinely get clogged with sand, silt, and other debris
- The dredge pump and impeller are quickly worn down by abrasive materials
- The dredge pumps fail more often
- Longer downtimes for pump maintenance which halts production and hurts your bottom line
- Ecosystem and environmental damage stemming from high turbidity or mechanical dredging
EDDY Pump Maintenance Dredging Equipment
EDDY Pump provides the most innovative maintenance dredging solutions worldwide. Our team of expert pump engineers developed the EDDY Pump’s open rotor design which allows for far higher tolerances that allow for just about anything that will go into the intake to be passed through the discharge without issues. We also provide modular dredging products that can easily convert to different deployment types to ensure we have a deployment option that matches what you need for your job.
EDDY Pump partnered with UAT Pacific and is now able to offer a complete dredging solution for effective slurry, sludge, and solids removal, the Dredge Sled. With the latest technology, the Dredge Sled is a cost-effective solution for your pond, lagoon, canal, tailings pond, and settling tank cleaning.
The Dredge Sled is a simple, efficient and easy to use alternative to more complicated heavy-duty dredging equipment. The best solution for shallow pond or lagoon dredging.
This state of the art dredging system is unique to the market and improves the process for high solids pumping while using the hydraulic power of your existing excavator. The EDDY Pump Excavator Attachment easily pins into your existing bucket linkage and is powered off of the excavators’ auxiliary hydraulics.ttachment.
For ultra-precision dredging which requires diver visibility and mobility, we offer the Diver Operated Dredge Pump. This unit is completely submerged and rests on the lake bed or ocean floor and can support up to 1-3 divers at once. These diver units can be powered via electric or hydraulic depending on our client’s needs.
Our diver dredge comes equipped with over 300-ft of a suction hose that can be added to the suction inlet of the pump, providing increased versatility not commonly found in conventional diver operated dredges. This also allows for far more mobility, allowing for divers to dredge in precise locations without disrupting the pipeline. Additionally, this unit can be easily converted to a Cable-Deployed Dredge or an Excavator Pump Attachment with little modification.
EDDY Dredge Pump Advantages
- Non-Clog, High Viscosity, High Specific Gravity, High Abrasives, Low pH Pumping Design
- 40-70% Solids Pumping by Volume
- Ability to pump objects of up to 11-inches in diameter
- State-of-the-Art Research and Development Facilities
- 100% American Made
- Low Total Ownership Cost (See PDF)
Applications – Maintenance Dredging
Questions? Call Us: 619-404-1916
Tell us about your dredging project. See the custom pump curve page and we can start the first step of a quote to determine if your project is a fit for our dredging equipment. Contact Us Here
Environmental Dredging and Remediation
Environmental dredging generally refers to remediation dredging or removing contaminated materials from specific underwater areas. Environmental dredges are built to be as precise as possible with extremely low turbidity to prevent material agitation of the surrounding ecosystem. A low turbidity dredge will greatly help keep the contaminated material from resuspension, which would allow the dangerous material to spread over a wider area, making things worse. Environmental dredges are typically equipped with video cameras, GPS, RTK for precise positioning, and/or sonar monitoring instruments to oversee the entire dredging process. This allows the process to be much more controlled over a navigational or construction dredging, ensuring the contaminated material is captured as safely as possible.
Other Dredging Solutions
Order or Get Selection Help
EDDY Pump Production Rate
This video shows how EDDY Pump transports high slurry and abrasive materials. Featured dredge pump equipment includes the Remote Operated Subdredge, Diver Operated Pump and a Excavator Attachment Dredge Pump.