What is a Solids Handling Pump?Discover what you need to know about solids handling pumps and how they differ from standard water pumps.
- Solids Handling Pump Features
- Large Solids Handling Capabilities of an EDDY Pump
- The EDDY Pump – A Solid Performer for Pumping Solids
A solids handling pump offers several benefits when pumping and transporting fluid mixed with a concentration of solids. Most traditional pumps do not do well on solids handling applications. The EDDY Solids Handling and Slurry Pumps are designed with a large flow path that is well suited for high solids and heavy slurry situations. These slurry pumps and solids handling pumps are designed to handle difficult, abrasive slurries commonly found in dredging, manufacturing, mine tailings, and many other industrial applications. On other traditional pumps, these slurries will quickly wear down the pump and the pump’s critical components. When this happens, maintenance must be performed at much quicker intervals than what would be found when pumping non-solids, thus creating unnecessary downtime and loss of production. In these types of applications the EDDY Pump is the premier choice.
Solids Handling Pump Features
Some of the common features found on solids handling pumps include alternative impellers (to prevent clogging), recessed impellers (to allow passage of larger solids), different metal types (to withstand corrosion and/or abrasive materials). Sometimes, in critical applications such as sewage handling, solids handling pumps are fitted with grinders or cutters to reduce the size of solids, making it even easier to pump through the whole system without issues.
Large Solids Handling Capabilities of an EDDY Pump
The EDDY Pump is a premier solids handling pump offering:
- Recessed Rotor – The EDDY Pump is designed with a recessed rotor which is essential to the large flow through design of the pump. This large flow through design easily passes solids that can fit through the inlet port of the pump. As an example, a 10-inch EDDY Pump allows the passage of solid objects up to 9 inches in diameter.
- Rotor Designed for Solids – Our rotor technology effectively agitates and pumps material of up to 70% solids by weight using a geometrically shaped energy generating rotor.
- No Critical Tolerances – The spacing in the flow path between the rotor and the volute are sized to pass extremely large solids. Most other types of pumps are designed so that they require a tighter tolerance in this area of the pump to operate properly, this includes centrifugal pumps.
- Heavy Duty Construction – 100% Made in the USA, the EDDY pump is one of the toughest pumps in the world and can withstand most of the harshest pump applications that exist. The pump is available in a variety of metals and alloys to meet your application needs.
- Low Cost of Ownership – The EDDY Pump is a workhorse and designed to be long lasting. Requiring little maintenance, this non-clogging technology results in the pump being in service for longer periods of time compared to other pumps. This increases production output, and decreases time needed for your return on investment.
EDDY Pump – A Solid Performer for Pumping Solids
There are many benefits to owning an EDDY Large Solids Handling Pump. The large flow through design of the pump allows anything that can pass through the inlet porting, to move through the pump and exit through the discharge port of the pump. Another benefit to this pump is that the unique design of the rotor enables the pump to move materials with up to 70% solids by weight; this is something that most other pumps cannot accomplish. Made of heavy-duty construction, the EDDY Pump excels in environments that would destroy other pumps. The EDDY Pump is a premium product that delivers the results you need, and is made to last.
Best Applications – Industries Most Served
The EDDY Pump Corporation is a premier manufacturer of pumping and dredging equipment. If you are pumping or dredging slurry, high solids, extremely viscous material, paste, high abrasives (sand & gravel) and material filled with solids, then you found the best-suited product for the job. Go to: https://eddypump.com/ or Call Us!
Mining, Fly Ash, Coal Ash, Oil, Fracking, Gas, Wastewater, Pulp and Paper, Chemical, Energy, Water Municipalities, Irrigation, and Dredging Companies. For Access to Complete Product Line Go to: https://eddypump.com/products/
Why EDDY Pumps Are Better – Highlights
This video shows how EDDY Pump transports high slurry and abrasive materials. Featured dredge pump equipment includes the Remote Operated Subdredge, Diver Operated Pump and a Excavator Attachment Dredge Pump.
Order or Get Selection Help
Let our sales or engineering support help in your grit pump and wastewater equipment selection. Call (619) 258-7020