Industrial sludge pumps for dredging, high viscosity material, sludge, muck, paste, and high solids pumping applications.
EDDY Pump industrial sludge pumps are non-clogging pumps designed for efficiently pumping industrial sludge and related applications. Our patented pump technology outperforms all centrifugal, vortex and positive displacement pumps in a variety of the most difficult pumping applications.
Learn Why Our Sludge Pumps Have Higher Production and More Uptime
EDDY Pumps vs Centrifugal Pump
Main Applications: Mining, Dredging, Wastewater, Chemical, Paste, Oil, Sludge, Sand, Mud, Paper/Pulp, and more.
The adjustable size, ultra recessed rotor can pass the largest material in the industry.
In harsh conditions with sand, sludge, rocks, and sludge, normal dredge pumps clog, wear and fail more often. This leads to downtime for maintenance, hurting your bottom line. Not the case with EDDY Pumps, since we have the tolerance to pump solid objects up to 9 inches!
Pass solids from 1-9 inches (rocks, rags, debris). The EDDY Pump’s open rotor design with high tolerances allow anything that will go into the pump’s intake to be passed through the discharge without issues.
The tolerance between the rotor and the volute in the 4″ EDDY Pump easily allows the passage of a man’s arm (*see picture below). Compared with the tolerance in a centrifugal pump, the EDDY Pump easily wins. Over the span of our 2-inch through 10-inch EDDY Pump line, the tolerance ranges from 1-9 inches.
This translates to a significant amount of solids and debris pass through, without clogging the pump. To learn more about the technology behind our pumps continue reading Here.
Why EDDY Sludge Handling Pumps are Better
The EDDY High Solids Pump Makes Slurry and Mud Move Like Water.
EDDY Pump Advantages
- Non-Clog, High Viscosity, High Specific Gravity, High Abrasives, Low pH Pumping Design
- 40-70% Solids Pumping by Volume
- Ability to pump objects of up to 11-inches in diameter
- 100% American Built
- State-of-the-Art Research and Development Facilities on site
- Easily process rags, string, rocks and foreign objects
- Vertical or Horizontal Mounting
- Submersible / Immersible
- Electric or Hydraulic Powered
- Various Metallurgies
- Variable Speed Control
- Trailer / Skid Mounted
- Bearing House / Close-Coupled
- Automated Controls
- Non-Clogging Design
- High Solids Handling
- High Viscosity and Specific Gravity Handling
- High Abrasives Handling
- No Critical Tolerances
- Low Maintenance
- Minimal Downtime
- Low Ownership Costs
The same pumps below power our specialty line of dredges, diver units and excavator attachments. For specific material questions and information about your project requirements contact us.
Pump Deployment Options
Flooded Suction Pumps
With flooded suction pumps, the sludge to be pumped is positioned above the pump. With the pump positioned below, gravity can feed the sludge or fluid into the suction of the pump which keeps the pump primed.
Pumps that are completely submerged in the liquid are called submersible pumps. By being submerged in the fluid to be pumped, there is no need for priming.
With a self-priming unit, the pump and power unit are not submerged. The suction house goes into the slurry and the unit acts like a super-sized wet dry vacuum. Can be trailer mounted for added mobility.
The Best Non-Clog and High Solids Sludge Pump on the Market. Since 1984.
Best Applications: If you are pumping sludge, high solids, extremely viscous material, paste, high abrasives (sand & gravel), and material filled with solids, then you found the ideal pump for your job. Call Us for quotes on purchasing or renting.
Industries Most Served: Mining, Dredging, Fly Ash, Coal Ash Pumping, Oil and Fracking, Waste Water, Paper/Pulp, Chemical, Energy, Water Districts, and Irrigation Districts.
Sludge Pump Selection 101
Contact Sales or Engineering
The EDDY SMART Pump
Strategic Maintenance And Remote Telemetry
SMART Pump Advantages
- SCADA Integration
- Cost Savings
- SMART is Strategic Maintenance And Remote Telemetry
- Prevent Unplanned Downtime
- Improve Efficient Operation Points (RPM, Power, etc)
- Prolong Pump Life, Prevent Equipment Abuse, and Set Auto Shut-Off to Stop Damage
- Strategic Maintenance VS Unplanned Downtime Equals Cost Savings
- OEM Support with Pump Data Streaming in Real-Time
- Learn More About Smart Pumps
The optional SMART upgrade connects your pump or dredge equipment to the web and internal SCADA system. This allows for real-time monitoring of the unit after startup which helps prevent damage, downtime and ensure longer pump life. All of this saves money for your project.
Active monitoring allows for the operator to have more precise control over material throughput and ensuring maximum return on investment (ROI) on the EDDY Pump dredge equipment you own.
Sludge Pumps – Commercial or Heavy Duty
For assistance Call 619-258-7020 and let us help match your project with the right pump. Choose from the Commercial Pump Line or the HD Pump Line.
*Commercial Pumps, HD versions available.
HD Pumps (Heavy Duty)
* Indicates standard performance curve using water. Our pump is specialized for sludge, solids, slurry, grit and viscous material. Our water GPM and stats are only listed because there is no industrial standard to measure the material EDDY Pump moves. Contact us to discuss your project and specific material transport requirements.
* A majority, 98 percent, of our clients use our pumps for non-water, solids-related applications.
Sales and Selection Help
Let our sales or engineering support help in your pump selection. Call (619) 258-7020