Challenge With Traditional Dredge Pumps
In harsh conditions with sand, sludge, rocks, slurry, other traditional dredge pumps:
- Routinely get clogged
- Wear down quicker
- Fail more often
- Downtime for maintenance hurts your bottom line
Solution: Non-Clog EDDY Pumps
- Non-Clog, High Viscosity, High Specific Gravity, High Abrasives, Low pH Pumping Design
- 40-70% Solids Pumping by Volume
- Ability to pump objects of up to 11-inches in diameter
- State-of-the-Art Research and Development Facilities
- 100% American Made
- Low Total Ownership Cost (See PDF)
Non-Clogging Pump Design
The EDDY Pump’s open rotor design with high tolerances allow anything that will go into the intake to be passed through the discharge without issues.
As you can see in the 4″ EDDY Pump shown above, the tolerance between the rotor and the volute easily allows the passage of a man’s arm , while the tolerance in a centrifugal pump is significantly less. In a 2-inch to 10-inch EDDY Pump the tolerance ranges from 1-9 inches.
This translates to a significant amount of solids and debris that passes through without clogging the pump.
How Our Dredge Pump Handles Solids
Simulation video of the EDDY Pump compared to a centrifugal pump. The EDDY Pump shows its superior ability for high viscous pumping, high corrosive pumping, high specific gravity pumping, and high solids pumping, while being a low maintenance pump that is also a non-clogging pump.
The EDDY SMART Pump
Strategic Maintenance And Remote Telemetry
SMART Pump Advantages
- SCADA Integration
- Cost Savings
- SMART is Strategic Maintenance And Remote Telemetry
- Prevent Unplanned Downtime
- Improve Efficient Operation Points (RPM, Power, etc)
- Prolong Pump Life, Prevent Equipment Abuse, and Set Auto Shut-Off to Stop Damage
- Strategic Maintenance VS Unplanned Downtime Equals Cost Savings
- OEM Support with Pump Data Streaming in Real-Time
- Learn More About Smart Pumps
The optional SMART upgrade connects your pump or dredge equipment to the web and internal SCADA system. This allows for real-time monitoring of the unit after startup which helps prevent damage, downtime and ensure longer pump life. All of this saves money for your project.
Active monitoring allows for the operator to have more precise control over material throughput and ensuring maximum return on investment (ROI) on the EDDY Pump dredge equipment you own.
Non-Clogging & Lower Maintenance = Increased Profits
High Viscosity Red Mud Moved Like Water!
Amazing video demonstrates the EDDY Pump effect in action.
The EDDY Pump rotor acts as a mixer on thixotropic materials and provides a shear thinning effect. The EDDY Pump’s ability to pump concentrated solids is perfect for moving viscous materials with less than 5% free liquid; an impossible task for centrifugal pumps.
High Specific Gravity
The EDDY Pump is excellent at moving heavy materials through long pipelines. The EDDY Pump creates a turbulent flow that helps keep the heavy materials in suspension and moving down the pipeline.
Total Life Cycle/Ownership Cost
The EDDY Pump design and superior performance allows for a significantly decreased Ownership Cost over centrifugal and PD Pumps.
Please see link below to see a the Total Life Cycle and Ownership Cost Study conducted by one of the largest US Navy Ship Building Companies in the World, showing that 25 EDDY Pumps would save the US Military over $17,000,000 over 4 years in operation.
Drilling Mud Video
High Production Capability
Up to 300% higher than a similar sized centrifugal pump in pumping non-organic material.
High Concentration Capability
Less fluid required to pump a given amount of material. Up to 80% solids by volume in-situ.
High Abrasive/Corrosive Material Pump Ability
EDDY Pump does not require critical tolerances between the rotor and the volute, making the EDDY Pump the perfect solution for abrasive and corrosive applications that often cause significant issues for other pumps. The EDDY Pump will outperform any pump in moving the most abrasive fluids with minimal wear and no maintenance. These include lime slurries, borax, drilling muds, and ash.
High Production Capability Video
Varying Rotor size will change the Flowrate and PSI
Results (superior pump with less maintenance)
The tough simplicity of the EDDY Pump along with its proven eddy pumping effect translate into extended run times, no clogging, and higher production compared to conventional pumping technologies. See 3rd party Cost Analysis for US Navy Pumps HERE
Serious Research & Development
Rapid Prototyping and Research Done In-House.
- New Idea Meeting
- CFD Modeling using ANSYS (Really expensive software for deep insights and modeling)
- 3D Print a Test Unit
- All within 48 Hours
EDDY Pump has dedicated engineers for pump modeling and analysis. We can go from concept to modeling and then pump out a 3D printed test unit in 48 hours. Heavy investments have been made in hardware and software to assist the research team.
Our comprehensive knowledge of fluid dynamics as it relates to pumps combined with our experience in structural engineering allows us to provide completely optimized pumps and dredging equipment with adjoining pipelines and hoses. Our research and development
We are one of the few companies who manufactures both our pumps and dredging equipment to ensure optimal support.
EDDY Pump Components
The EDDY Pump consists of an
(1) energy generating rotor attached to the end of a
(2) drive shaft and placed within a
(4) adjoining intake chamber. At normal operating speed, this spinning fluid is forced down, into the hollow center of the intake chamber where it creates a high speed, swirling synchronized column of fluid
(5) which agitates the material
(6) to be pumped (sludge, sand, clay etc.) This swirling column of fluid creates a peripheral
(7) “eddy” effect which causes the agitated material to travel by reverse flow, up along the sides of the intake chamber, into the
(8) discharge pipe.